I am a passionate and pragmatic Technology leader with over 19 years of experience in Architecting, Designing and Developing client-centric, enterprise-scale and data driven solutions overseeing every stage of the technology implementation in the life cycle. A thought leader and technology visionary with a proven ability to build out the technology roadmap primarily focused on Banking and Financial Services domain over last 10 years. A Data connoisseur and an architect, adept at designing overall data strategy to maximize the value of data through analytics. An author and a mentor with an intrapreneur mindset who believes in continuous learning as a key to organizational growth.
#chiefarchitect #datascience #technologyvision #emergeringtechnologies #datastrategy #datastrategy #chiefdataoffice #ai #machinelearning #deeplearning #itstrategy #modernization #mentor #distibguishedengineer
- Driving Technology / IT Strategy for Transformation & Vision across business units and geographically distributed teams with an ability to be hands-on with new & emergency technologies where necessary.
- Establish a robust Enterpride Data Strategy covering data governance, data architecture and data modeling/catalog standards.
- Building overall Intelligent Automation strategy by synthesizing the business and domain drivers and emerging technology trends in big data engineering and analytics.
- Steering Application (Legacy) Modernization, Reuse & Technology Standardization initiatives
- Leading Enterprise Cloud Migration & DevOps Strategy for CI/CD
- Driving optimization of Software Engineering Practices for application Security, Resiliency, Scalability & optimal Total Cost of Optimization via standardized architecture blueprints
- Working in a highly collaborative environment and incubating implementations through Innovation lab to test out new offerings to the industry, and to enable close collaboration with industry participants and clients.
Connect with me on:
Vice President, Enterprise Architecture & Emerging Technologies
Enterprise Architecture & Emerging Technologies. Responsible for Future State Architecture and Enterprise Data Strategy, Wealth Architecture Startegy and Overall AI/ML Architecture
Broadridge (India) Pvt Ltd
Hyderabad, telangana, india
Executive Vice President, Technology
For 9 years at Broadridge India, I played different roles from being a hands-on technology architect driving solution architectures and solutions for tier 1 banks and financial institutions to running architecture, AI/ML and cloud center of excellence as a centralized horizontal group servicing across the lines of business.
I transitioned from Technology lead to Technology Architecture driving JEE arcmhitecture and solutions to clients, then as a Vice President Technology lead the Enterprise Architecture CoE and Data Strategy for large scale and real-time data implementations for clients and as Executive Vice President, Technology lead the Cloud Strategy, AI/ML and Data Strategy and Enterprise Architecture.
Royal Bank of scotland
CHennai, tamilnadu, india
Worked for a brief period of 3 months as technology architect responsible for building frameworks and design for a key platform non-cash collateral engine.
oracle finanacial services
CHennai, tamilnadu, india
Formerly called i-flex. As a solution architect, I was responsible for architecting, designing and developing applications for S&P. Deutsche Bank and State Street. Also played a key role in RFP / Solution architecture team bidding best technology solutions for top banks.
Cognizant Technology Solutions
CHennai, tamilnadu, india
Worked for Insurance domain for a client Farmers ACE as Designer and Developer responsible for building a large scale insurance platform.
CHennai, tamilnadu, india
Worked as Senior developer for Deutche Leasing, Germany to build a scalable leasing platform
DSR Solutions pvt ltd
hyderabad, telangana, india
Developer and Analyst for a product Enterprise Optimus
- Lead the core technology leader team to define the target state architecture defining digital experience, API Economy and Marketplace startegy, application and Data modernization and End-to-end Data Startegy that includes Cloud centric Data Engineering, Data Governance and Management, Business Data Modeling and overall provisioning AI, ML solutions to clients.
- Successfully implemented over 4 large scale applications end-to-end using distributed, big data engineering and analytics stacks that scale to the degree of processing 3 billion transactions a day across 12 – 16 million accounts successfully in Securities Processing business. Key technologies include Data Warehouse like Greenplum, AWS Redshit, GemFire, IRIS, Informatica, AWS Glue Apache Spark, Marklogic, AWS Dynamo DB among others.
- Succesfully completed an Enterprise wide evalauation via pilots for BI & Visualizations tools. Executed technical evaluation for Tableau, QlikSense, Sisense, PowerBi, Looker and AWS QuickSight
- Successfully piloted over 8 use cases and built a framework ground up for Robotic Process Automation for Broadridge Managed Services business that uses, Autonomics, NLP, OCR, Legacy integration, Citrix automation and advanced machine learning and AI techniques. Compiled an in-depth study of RPA Vendors and provided a rationale for a solution that leverages a combination of in-house builds and Vendor products. With 3 use cases now in UAT and Production phases, played an important role in defining the overall RPA and AI Labs and CoE structure for Broadridge. Key for Innovation areas like AI/ML/RPA is ROI / value articulation, worked closely with Business units, Technology leaders, Clients and Vendors to build a framework that helps prioritize potential business use cases and project value in terms of productivity, process efficiency gains and cost savings in the areas of back-office and middle-office functions.
- As a part of Legacy & Application Modernization initiatives,
- Evaluated and defined a potential Enterprise-wide approach for API management, Microservices & Serverless architectures that can optimally scale both on-prem and cloud infrastructures. Evaluated Tibco, Mulesoft, CA and a few open source options and currently working with CA APIM suite. Successfuly built a core SWAT team that included technology experts/architects from different business units to evangelize a global component based architecture strategy.
- Designed and implemented a scalable Reference data architecture that serves as a common source of client and vendor reference data across products. This solution is designed for scale and implements a distributed cache and is accessible via standard APIs using a common data dictionary defined as Ontologies.
- Built an overall portal architecture strategy using meta-data driven and mash-up architectures that can integrate multiple web applications using a centralized single sign-on approach for an enhanced Usability and UX.Established standard personnas for back-office, middle-office and front-office users.
- Played a key role in defining the overall strategy for Broadridge data fabric that responsible for aggregating data across multiple internal, external and client applications in real-time, standardize a data dictionary using semantic modeling, global ontologies , act as a single source of truth, support flexibility in data model ability to run analytics. This acts as a central store to provide client extracts, reporting, back-end for portal and key business components in the back-office business.
- Successfully built a SWAT team of strong AWS experts in India. Built Cloud Reusables that can be used both in development and automation of application on Cloud. Defined an overall strategy for cloud migration for Broadridge application that primarily uses a hybrid cloud approach. Responsible Cloud architecture rationale, footprint, TCO measurement and overall client engagement for cloud roll-out in partnership with AWS. Working on 14 potential applications prioritized across 200 + applications identified for migration in Broadridge for the last 8 months..
- Software Engineering Practices & Standards: As the head of Enterprise Architecture group, I am responsible for defining and evangelizing standard reference architectures via pattern based solutioning for Integration, Data, ETL, Reporting, Multi-Channel and UI/UX. I am also responsible for the usage of CAST tool within Broadridge to reduce the application technical debt and build enterprise wide coding standards across legacy and distributed technologies.
Technology, Tools and Frameworks
|Enterprise Architecture and Design|
Design thinking, UML2, OOAD, TOGAF, Design Patterns, Lamba, Kappa, Mash-up, Balckboard, Data Lakes, Pub-Sub,
API, Composable, Microservices and Intelligent Integration Architectures.
Technology Rationalization, Application Portfolio Management Architecture Quality Metrics evaluation. Architecture Assessments and Open Source evangelization.
Archimate, RUP, Gliffy, draw.io, CAST.
|Eneterprise Data Startegy, Data Governance and Management|
Specialize in Data Architecture and high volume data processing solution design. Real-time data pipelines, Data-as-a-Service, Data Governance and DMBOK2 standards. Data Quality, lineage, Information lifecycle mangement, data security and standards
Hands-on with Greenplum, Kafka, Spark, AWS Redshift, AWS RDS, AWS Glue, Informatica (IDQ), Marklogic, MongoDB, Collibra,
|Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, RPA, Big Data Engineering|
Python, H20.ai, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NLP(nltk), OCR(Tesseract, Abbey), Julia, Mahout, Greenplum, Marklogic, GemFire, UIPath, AutomationAnywhere, Semantic Data Modeling (Ontology), ANZO, Stardog, Graph DBs, Google AutoML, AIaaS suite. Tensorflow, Embedded AI.
Knowledge of ProML(Netflix)
|Business Intelligence, Analytics & Visualization, Reporting Engines and ETLs|
Hands-on experience with Tableau, Jasper, QlikSense, Informatica, AWS Glue.
|Cloud Computing and DevOps|
Hybrid Cloud Architectures, Amazon AWS, Terraform, Chef, Docker, S3, AMQ, API Gateway, EC2, ECS, RDS (Aurora, Oracle, SQL Server) , Glue and others.
|Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies|
Hands-on Architecting and Development experience with DLT, Etheroum, HyperLedger, Cryptocurrencies , R3 Corda
Deep understanding of Quantum computing and post-quantum cryptography and Hands-on experinec with Quantum algorithms and IBM Qiskit.
Courses / Trainings
|Course Name||Facilitated by||Year|
|Fundamentals and Application of Quantum Computing||MIT xPro||Dec’19|
|Chief Data Officer Summer Course||Carruthers & Jackson and Collibra||Aug’19|
|AWS Cloud Advanced Architecture training||Udemy & AWS||Nov’17|
|Marklogic Developer advanced training||Marklogic||Jun’16|
|Tibco Jasper Reporting training||Tibco||Aug’16|
|Driving Growth through Innovation||Harvard Business School||Aug’15|
|Informatica Designer training||Informatica||Jul’14|
|GemFire Architecture & Management||Pivotal||Nov’14|
|Accelerated Engineering – Big Data Analytics, Engineering & Optimization||INSOFE||Mar’13|
|User Experience & Usability||Human Factors International (HFI)||Aug’13|
|Greenplum Database Application, Architecture & Management||EMC / Pivotal||Dec’12|
|Cloudera Hadoop Application, Architecture & Management||Cloudera||Sep’11|
- AWS Certified Architect, Professional
- TOGAF 9 Certified
- SOA Certified Architect
- EMC-DSA – Data Scientist
- CCDH– Hadoop Developer – Cloudera
- Sun Certified Enterprise Architect (SCEA)
- Test 486 UML/OOAD Certified designer